My take on a stuffed zucchini: this time with healthy quinoa.
For 2 persons
- 1 large zucchini / courgette
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 small tin of tomato puree
- 1 shallot, in small rings
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chili pepper (optional)
- 6 chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbs cottage cheese
- 2 Tbs grated parmesan
- Cook the zucchini in a large pan in boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Rinse the quinoa and put in a pan with the double amount of water, and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes, stir occasionally. When the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, put on the lid back on and let it sit for another 10 minutes. Stir it with a fork and set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Use kitchen towel to absorb as much moisture from the zucchini as you can. Sprinkle on some sea salt, which will also absorb excess liquid.
- Fry the onions in olive oil, until crispy. Put together with the quinoa. Use the same pan and oil to fry the garlic - quickly - be careful not to burn it. Also add to the tomato puree (and the green chili) and heat for a minute or so, before mixing it into the quinoa mixture. Also stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Put the zucchini halves in a oven dish and season with ground pepper. Add the quinoa mixture and press into the “boats”. Finally top with the cheese. Put in the oven or grill for about 15 minutes at 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit, until the cheese has melted.